#3 Segment Audience Lists
In the same vein as message personalization, audience segmentation marks the difference between successful and unsuccessful email marketing campaigns. The following statistics illustrate the impact of audience segmentation on email marketing engagement:
1. Experiments conducted by Help Scout found that segmented email campaigns result in a 50% higher CTR than non targeted campaigns.
2. Marketers reported to Business 2 Community that segmented campaigns stimulate a 760% increase in revenue.
3. With audience segmentation, Super Office increased email open rates by 39%. This contributed to revenue, deliverability, and sales lead increases of 24% and transaction growth of 18%.
4. By segmenting audiences for more accurate targeting, marketing teams increase email marketing engagement for sales pipeline and revenue growth. Combining segmentation with the following tactics further increases email marketing engagement.
#4 Include Visuals
Including videos, pictures, or even emojis makes email messages more digestible for recipients impacting email marketing engagement. The statistics below demonstrate how including visual elements impacts email marketing.
1. Research conducted by Backlink.io discovered that emails with an emoji in the subject line affect a 56% higher open rate than emails without emojis in the subject line.
2. According to GetResponse, emails that contain some sort of graphic result in, 27% higher open rate and 4.5% higher CTR than text-based emails.
3. Email messaging containing video produces the most engagement. In a study conducted by Forrester, attaching a video to email messages can increase CTR by 300%.
When adding visuals to email marketing campaigns to stimulate engagement, marketing teams need to be cautious that those visuals don't impede load time for target audiences. Beyond five seconds of loading time, 74% of audiences reached will abandon the email entirely according to Kinsta. Visuals should aid in simplifying messages to drive recipients down a sales funnel instead of distracting from the main message.
#5 Get to the Call To Action
Target audiences that open an email from an email campaign open that email to collect on whatever benefit is conveyed in the subject line. To avoid those audiences from bouncing when they open the email, make the call to action that intrigued those audiences the focal point of the body copy. According to Aweber, “An average marketing email consists of 434.48 words and it takes 3.3 minutes to read.” Staying within these parameters gets target audiences to the call to action quickly, reducing bounce rates.
The capacity for Aptivio’s TaretAI module to create segmented audiences for email marketing provides a vital solution for marketing teams. To learn more about Aptivio’s AI-powered revenue growth platform for marketing, visit our website here. Explore our case studies page to review the results we have driven for clients, and schedule a demo with one of our product experts. In the third lesson on strategies to grow email marketing engagement we review the final two tactics we identify as most beneficial for marketing teams.